“It’s not how you start the race, it’s how you finish the race.” This is often true in most circumstances, but in the realty business, it is often the start of the race that matters most. How you spend your first 90 days in real estate can often determine if you have a career in real estate at all. We at Delphi believe that real estate is one of the best businesses you can be in! You help your clients find their dream home, you have time flexibility (so you can focus on what matters most to you), you play an integral role in your city & community, and have access to unlimited income potential!
Here are 8 things you can do in the first 90 days to insure your success as a real estate agent:
1. Study, Study, Study! The more you learn, the more you will earn!
- Study for your real estate test – receive your license.
- Study the market
- Study the industry – listen to books, videos, podcasts
2. Join a Culture, Not a Company
- Ask yourself, who are they? What do they represent? Are you proud to be in business with them?
- At Delphi, our culture has always been, and always will be about providing our clients an experience they are excited to tell their friends about. As a team, this is what we do.
3. Learn the Language
- Every business has a language, acronyms and a process.
- Attend team meetings regularly to gain confidence and clarity.
4. Join a Team
- Solo real estate agents have a lot on their plate – advertising, appointments, selling & renting homes, property management…just to name a few!
- Joining a team can spread some of that responsibility, so you can focus on what is most important – providing your client the ultimate experience and their dream home. That important experience is what brings you referrals and repeat business down the road.
5. Harness Technology
- Streamline the process – upload documents, use email, share videos/books/tools, get digital signatures and payments, build an online community with a Facebook group, etc. Nowadays, you can not survive in real estate without technology.
6. Talk about Real Estate
- Talk to anyone and everyone about your exciting career
- Talk about what you’re learning, new homes on the market, customer reviews
- Be real and genuine! Don’t pressure clients during every exchange.
- Don’t be a hunter, be a farmer! When you’re a farmer planting seeds, you enjoy the harvest.
7. Focus on What Matters
- In real estate there is a 97/3 rule. 3% of the things you do, deliver 97% of the results.
- You don’t need another to-do list, you need a not-to-do list!
8. Get a Mentor
- Talk to people who are already living the life you want to live and have the career you want to have!
- Do you want to know how to sell 50 homes a year, have over 250 five star reviews online? Do you want to make $100,000-300,000 or more per year in real estate? Then find mentors that have done just that!
- Call Alex at (925) 705-1300 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started on your journey as a real estate agent!
Watch the companion video to the blog above here:
Contact us to learn more today!
“Are you looking to join a real estate team that puts YOUR success first? You’ve found it! What makes the Delphi Realty Team different is just that: we’re a team. We’re hiring listing and buyer specialists to give our clients an experience they’d be excited to tell a friend about. Our inside team will provide leads for you while our coach Alex Khodadad who has coached real estate agents nationally and Internationally will ensure that you’ll receive the professional support and training you need. We’re hiring and need motivated, friendly, people-smart professionals to meet the increasing demand of our growing client list. Regardless if you’re licensed or are just considering a career in real estate, we want to talk with you! As top 5% team in Contra Costs County with over 300 FIVE star reviews, you can have confidence in our integrity and reputation.
1930 Contra Costa Blvd,
Pleasant Hill, CA